A gas turbine is a powerful and reliable piece of equipment that is used to generate electricity or to drive a compressor. Due to their advantages (high efficiency, long service life, ability to operate using various fuel types, relatively low level of environmental pollution, etc.) they are used in many industries and in nearly every region.
At the same time, a gas turbine is an extremely complex piece of equipment that requires timely maintenance and periodic repairs. A gas turbine unit includes an air compressor, fuel system, combustion chamber, hot gas paths, sensors and many other auxiliary components. All of these parts require proper care and service.
How to protect your business from accidents and downtime?
If you follow the equipment manufacturer’s regulations, carry out periodic turbine inspections and repair or replace damaged components in time, the gas turbine will work in a smooth and efficient manner for a long time. However, if you neglect these requirements the result can be disastrous, from financial losses to physical destruction.
Maintenance of gas turbine units involves the following operations:
- Conducting periodic inspections. There are partial inspections that use a borescope, and complete inspections that involve a turbine disassembly and a complete inspection of the components. Timewise, the shortest inspection takes about 3 days, the longest one - more than 2 months. It is carried out after the unit has worked for 40 thousand operating hours. The turbine is then dismantled and transported to the workshop for repairs.
- Replacing components that have exhausted their service life. It is important not to neglect this rule, even if the components do not have any visible damage. Continued operation of such components is possible only after you have consulted with the service center.
- Change of filters and other consumables.
- Repair or refurbishment of worn-out components of the gas turbine unit.
- Testing on special stands.
Why you should work with Stanberg?
Our company has been in the business for many years and we have accumulated a wealth of experience that allows us to handle tasks of any complexity. We work directly with trusted manufacturers. We can avoid the middlemen, supply any gas turbine element and perform a full range of turbine maintenance work. The list of services we provide includes:
- diagnostics and troubleshooting;
- routine inspections;
- repair works;
- selection, search, supply and installation of the necessary components;
- balancing, calibration, centering of all the turbomachinery systems;
- retrofit of turbines control systems.
Our main objective is to meet all the customer’s needs. We value our reputation and provide high quality services in a timely manner. We strive to ensure that companies all over the world work with reliable, high-tech, environmentally friendly equipment. We are ready to assist you and answer your questions 24 hours a day.